I bought a package of Rana’s Creamy Bacon Carbonara from CostCo a couple weeks ago. My picky husband devoured it. I planned to stock our freezer with these delicious raviolis but when I returned to CostCo they were all out. I kick myself for not discovering them sooner so that we can have a stockpile of them in our freezer. I highly recommend that you RUN to your nearest CostCo and try them out yourself. If you love bacon and raviolis, you will love these.
My favorite weekday meal is quick, easy, and tasty. And this fits the bill. This isn’t a recipe but a collection of ingredients you throw together for a dinner in less than 20 minutes. This lack of recipe also drives my husband crazy. He’s an engineer and likes everything to be consistent. I try but sometimes I just like to throw things together without much thinking or planning. Enjoy!
Boiled the raviolis following the directions on the container.
“Make” the sauce. I use jarred marinara, heavy whipping cream, freshly grated Parmesan, and red pepper flakes for heat. We like to keep things simple here and get help to make dinner time preparation as quick and easy as possible.
We were so excite to eat that I neglected to take the after pictures.
- Your favorite pasta sauce
- Heavy whipping cream
- Parmesan reggiano
- Red pepper flakes (if you like a little heat)
- Ravioli (creamy bacon carbonara if you can get your hands on them)
- Cook ravioli according to directions.
- Warm half of the jar of pasta sauce in a pan.
- Add finely grated Parmesan reggiano to the pasta sauce.
- Add 1/2 – 1 tbsp red pepper flakes to the pasta sauce (add if you like your pasta spicy)
- Add 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream and stir; add more cream depending on how creamy you like your sauce.
- Keep stirring until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- Once the ravioli is fully cooked use a skimmer strainer and add the raviolis directly to the pasta sauce and gently stir together.
- I love adding fresh basil and more Parmesan to my bowl.