Fall was in the air this weekend in Austin. I was so excited that I started making plans to go camping, visiting a pumpkin patch with friends, and pulling out our sweaters. I may have jumped the gun since the highs are back to the mid 90s this week, but I can at least plan ahead.
When the cold weather finally decides to visit us in Austin I am prepared to keep our skin healthy. I always looks forward to the cold weather but never the dry skin that accompanies it. This homemade cream soothes dry and irritated skin for all seasons.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to go to my box of oils and create a concoction for whatever comes up in our household vs. running to the drug/grocery store (or as my daughter says, “Are you making another potion?”).
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (soft or melted)
- 1/4 cup Shea butter
1/2 tsp. Vitamin E Oil
15 drops of Young Living Lavender Essential Oil
- 25 drops Young Living Melrose Essential Oil
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, shea butter, and vitamin E oil. Use a hand-mixer or stand mixer to blend together.
- Add in essential oils, blend until well incorporated.
- Transfer the cream to a container and store at room temperature.
Note: If the cream stops being effective, change out the carrier oil(s) you are using. I plan to swap out the Shea butter for Mango butter with the next batch.