I love recipes where you can tailor the end result to your taste and make it your own. You can use sourdough, French bread, or any other crusty bread. But seriously, what’s better than bread with lots of cheese and butter?
- Loaf of crusty bread (I used a square loaf of sourdough)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or other favorite cheese that melts well)
- 2-4 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, if not using salted butter
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (if you like a little heat)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the bread into 1″ squares (or diamonds) without cutting to the bottom of the bread.
- Melt butter in microwave for 20 second intervals until completely melted. Or heat over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add Italian seasoning, sea salt, and garlic cloves to melted butter and stir.
- Evenly pour melted butter mixture into the nook and grannies of the bread.
- Using your fingers, stuff the shredded cheese deep into the nook and grannies of the bread.
- Wrap your bread in foil so that it’s completely covered. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover the bread so that the top is open and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Serve immediately.
Helpful tip: Make sure you only make this when you have guests so you don’t devour the entire loaf.