These individual peanut butter pies are guaranteed to please your peanut butter lovers and may convert non-peanut butter lovers to cross over to the dark side. My husband is a huge peanut butter fan. I’m not. I didn’t grow up eating PB&J sandwiches or anything with peanut butter. I grew up on Korean Food and Tex-Mex. I would eat bean and cheese tacos for breakfast and rice with seaweed and seasoned dried anchovies for lunch and dinner.
When my husband and I started dating I wanted to WOW him with my culinary skills (which were average but far superior to his). So I baked him soft and chewy peanut butter cookies, grilled PB&Js (gourmet in his book), and this delicious peanut butter pie. I had completely forgotten about this pie until one day a couple months ago he brought a peanut butter pie home from a restaurant famous for their pies. After our first bite we knew I could do it better. We ended up giving the pie to our neighbor. The chunks of Reese’s peanut butter cups throughout the pie gives it an extra punch of peanut butter. The addition of Reese’s candy pieces adds texture and more peanut butter goodness. The baking cups I used are oven safe so I didn’t need a muffin tin but they were extra tall, so I wasn’t able to completely fill each cup to the top. You won’t have that issue when using regular muffin liners.
Brownie Brittle Crust
- 16 oz. Brownie Brittle (Oreo or Graham Cracker crusts would be tasty too)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
Peanut Butter Pie Filling
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Reese’s Minis Peanut Butter Cups, 8 Ounce bag, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces Candy
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add Brownie Brittle and melted butter to food processor and blend to a fine crumble. Divide crust mixture between 20 baking liners (about a heaping tablespoon each) and press into the bottom of the liners. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Set aside in the refrigerator. You want the crust to be completely cooled before adding the peanut butter pie filling.
- Using an electric mixture, whip together whipping cream, 3/4 cups powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Cream together cream cheese, peanut butter, and 1 cup of powdered sugar until fully incorporated and fluffy.
- Fold the chilled whipping cream mixture into the peanut butter mixture until fully incorporated.
- Gently fold in the chopped Reese’s Minis Peanut Butter cups.
- Using a large ice cream scoop fill each baking liner with the filling and top with Reese’s Pieces Candy.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm, about 4 hours.
- Be prepared for oohs and aahs. They are that delicious!