I can never decide what to bring to a potluck. Should I make something sweet or savory? Should I go to CostCo and pick up something pre-made? My go-to potluck is usually my Creamy Jalapeno Dip with tortilla chips. It’s quick and easy and always a hit for my spicy loving friends.
I’ve been on a Pinterest Dessert Dip kick and couldn’t resist making something sweet. We had a couple bags of Reese’s peanut butter cups and several peanut butter pumpkins leftover from the holidays that needed to get used. I’m not a huge peanut butter fan but anything with cream cheese, a stick of butter, and sugar can’t taste bad. This dessert dip doesn’t disappoint and completely satisfies your sweet tooth (or teeth in my case).
It was a huge success at the potluck BBQ we attended today. I’m proud to say that my picky husband requested I reserve him a small container and went back several times to eat a graham cracker full of the the dip while at the BBQ.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ to ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 to 1 ½ cup(s) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter cups, chopped – reserve ½ cup to top the dip
- ½ to ¾ cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- Shortbread cookies and/or graham crackers (or a spoon if you don’t want the extra calories from the cookies!)
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter with a mixer until smooth.
- Add ½ cup peanut butter and mix until combined. Taste the mixture to make sure it is peanut-buttery enough. We preferred the full ¾ cup of peanut butter for our dip.
- Add powder sugar and vanilla and mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped peanut butter cups and Reese’s peanut butter chips.
- Top the dip with reserved chopped peanut butter cups.
- Eat immediately or you can refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Serve with shortbread cookies and/or graham crackers, or any favorite cookie. I think pirouette cookies would be tasty too!