My daughter loves to help in the kitchen. Whether it is washing dishes, sweeping the floors, or stirring a pot she volunteers to help. If she had to pick her favorite job it would be to dip something sweet into melted chocolate. So as I dip, she dips, we dip the PEEPS and Oreos into the melted chocolate to make sweet spring treats for our friends.
This is a perfect way to get your kids involved in the kitchen. She knows I’m in charge of anything hot and sharp and everything else deemed safe is free-game for her. It’s messy but she has a blast. I remind myself that she’ll only be 5 once and to treasure the moments we spend together and ignore the inevitable mess. I also make sure to cover our working space in wax or parchment paper for easy clean-up.
My picky husband and daughter agree that their favorite are the dipped Oreos. Toasted coconut for the picky husband and sprinkles for our daughter. I love the PEEPS. Everyone agrees we all love to dip our sweet treats in chocolate.
- Dippers: marshmallows, PEEPS marshmallows, Oreos or other cookies for dipping
- Crush’ns: crushed graham crackers, sprinkles, crushed Oreos, toasted coconut flakes, crushed candy, mini chocolate chips, toffee bits, mini M&Ms, crushed nuts, crushed cookies
- Chocolate wafers , melted
- Assemble all of your crush’ns into individual bowls for quick and easy dipping.
- Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions.
- Dip the dipper of your choice into the melted chocolate and let any excess drip off. I like to dip a quarter to half of the dipper into the chocolate.
- If you are using crush’ns, dip the chocolate covered dipper into your crush’ns.
Please note I use Amazon affiliate links throughout my posts. I hope the content I provide is worthy of a click.