Dessert dips are one of my favorite desserts to make for a crowd. I find that dessert dips are an extravagant version of the traditional dessert it’s emulating. Or maybe it’s just the way I make it? My family and I were going away for the weekend to help celebrate our friend’s birthday and I wanted to make something special. I already planned to make the Billionaire Krispy Treats. He was having a crowd so naturally a dessert dip was on the menu but which one?
I thought about making the Reese’s Peanut Butter Dip which is a big hit with peanut butter lovers. But I also wanted to make a new dessert dip. How’s a girl to decide? My dessert dip Pinterest board gave me lots of ideas. We were going to stay in the country and nothing screams country more than banana pudding. And that’s when I stumbled upon Mind Over Batter‘s Banana Cream Pudding dip and I was inspired to make my own version.
With two cups of heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, and powdered sugar this dessert dip isn’t low-cal. But it is completely amazing! As an experiment (read = excuse to eat more dip) I made mini banana cream sandwiches with Nilla wafers. Perfectly bite size but a lot of work if you are making them for a crowd.
Another option is to make mini-shooters. This is where you alternate layers of the banana cream pie dip with crushed cookies. This would be great for occasions like bridal showers, baby showers, and graduations, or if you have more patience than I do. For our casual birthday gathering having a big bowl where everyone dips their cookies fit the bill. Be warned this recipe makes a ton of banana cream pie dip. I made two additional containers for our weekend away. We saved one for our friend who wasn’t able to make it due to a sick kiddo. We somehow managed to devour the rest.
- 3.4 oz. Instant Banana Cream Pudding Mix (Vanilla, French Vanilla, and even Coconut pudding work well too)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 brick (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- In a bowl, using a hand-mixer or stand mixer, whisk pudding mix and heavy whipping cream until thickened and well combined.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand-mixer or stand mixer, mix cream cheese, vanilla extract, and sweetened condensed milk until mixture is smooth.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until all ingredients are combined and desired thickness is reached (add more powdered sugar if you want a thicker consistency).
- Fold the sliced bananas into the mixture and pour into a serving dish. Cover dish and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This makes a HUGE amount of dip so make sure you are making this for a crowd or you’ll end up eating it straight from the bowl. Not that I speak from experience.
- Serve with Nilla wafers, graham crackers, gingersnaps, or a spoon.
Inspired by Mind Over Batter