I love quick and easy homemade appetizers for parties. These mini corn dogs are perfect for a kid’s party, poker night, or any casual function. You can use boxed corn muffin mix or make your own, like the Sweet Corn Bread Muffins I posted earlier this week.
When I host parties at the house I always like to have a mix of homemade dishes with some store-bought bites. Our favorite store-bought appetizers are CostCo’s mini tacos and if you can catch them their mini pretzel hot dogs. I know my friends appreciate my going the extra mile to satisfy their taste buds with homemade appetizers.
My picky husband is a self-proclaimed corn dog connoisseur (or maybe I made that proclamation). These corn dog muffins aren’t the real thing (they aren’t fried or on a stick) but they are tasty. They temporarily satisfy my husband’s corn dog fix until he can buy the real thing. Much to my picky husband’s chagrin, I love them with ketchup, but he is strictly a mustard man on his corn dogs and hot dogs. Serve with mustard (or ketchup if you are a heathen like me). Do you prefer mustard or ketchup with your corn dogs?
- Prepared corn muffin batter or 2 boxes of prepared Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 12 hot dogs, cut into 6 pieces (approximately 1″ each piece)
- Makes 3-dozen mini muffins.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a 24 cup mini muffin pan with cupcake liners (I prefer parchment paper cupcake liners since they are non-stick) or spray each cupcake well with non-stick cooking spray (I love coconut oil spray).
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Prepare corn muffins (or use two boxes of Jiffy and follow the directions on the box).
- Fill muffin tins a little over halfway with the batter.
- Place one hot dog piece into the middle of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.