Do you like chewy treats with crispy tops and edges? Would you like these treats even more with peanut buttery Reese’s Pieces candies? Then these blondies are right up your alley. I’m not a huge peanut butter fan and I can’t get enough of these yummy treats.
I originally made these for my husband to take to work to share with his co-workers. I’m testing out recipes for our first annual Bootastic Chili Cook-Off in our backyard and co-workers are the best guinea pigs. Needless to say, they didn’t make it. My daughter immediately scarfed down two squares. And then our neighbor came over and she joyfully ate one while telling me how much she loved them. So I gave her a plate to share with her sister and dad. My picky husband came home and called them a success.
Like I said, I’m not a huge peanut butter fan so the only peanut butter comes in the form of the Reese’s Pieces candies. If you want a more pronounced peanut butter taste then I would add ½ cup of creamy peanut butter. For me, these were perfectly sweet and satisfied my sweet tooth.
The Reese’s Pieces candies have the perfect fall/Halloween colors for our Bootastic Chili Cook-Off. I’m so excited to test out new recipes and try out all of the yummy chili entries. I’ve been on the hunt for a go-to chili recipe and I’m confident my friends are going to create some amazing pots of chili. I hope they allow me to share their recipes with you!
I’m so excited that our backyard is FINALLY finished. It’s been since March they have been working on it and I’ve been itching to entertain. My daughter’s favorite holiday is Halloween and I love fall so it just made sense to have a fall friend gathering right before Halloween. I’m slowly gathering fall decorations for the house and picked up this awesome rustic wooden bowl for our dining room table. The olive green is a perfect complement to the table runner. And we’ve been to Target for all of the necessary Halloween decorations. You can never have too many spider webs!
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups Reese’s Pieces, reserve ½ cup to top the blondie before baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x13 pan or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, use a mixer (hand or stand) to blend the butter and sugar until mixed well.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to butter mixture and blend well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the butter mixture until blended and you can no longer see any flour.
- Stir in 1 cup of Reese’s Pieces. You can go ahead and add the remaining ½ cup you reserved if you don't feel like pressing it into the top in step #9.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Use a spatula or clean hands to spread the mixture into the pan.
- Top with remaining ½ cup of Reese’s Pieces, optional if you added the ½ cup in step 7.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes.
Please note I use Amazon affiliate links throughout my posts. I hope the content I provide is worthy of a click.