This colorful Asian slaw is crisp and tangy. It is a perfect addition to, grilled chicken, pulled pork sandwiches, or in tacos made with Instant Pot Korean beef or quick Korean beef. I love adding anything crunchy to my sandwiches and tacos. The beautiful burst of color is just an added bonus!
I usually prefer a creamy coleslaw but a friend requested a non-mayonnaise slaw for a summer BBQ. I’ve made it several times and it is always a hit, and it goes together so quickly.
- 1 ½ (10 ounce) package Angel Hair cabbage
- 1 (10 ounce) package shredded red cabbage
- ½ (10 ounce) package shredded carrots
- 2 (14-16 ounce) packages coleslaw mix (Green cabbage and red cabbage, and carrots)
- ¾ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted white or black sesame seeds, or a mixture of both would be pretty
- In a small bowl whisk the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, cilantro, and green onions until well combined.
- Pour half of the dressing over cabbage vegetable mixture. Mix well.
- Lastly, mix in sesame seeds.
- When ready to serve add the other half of the dressing mixture, if needed.
- Serve immediately or chill before serving.
Please note I use Amazon affiliate links throughout my posts. I hope the content I provide is worthy of a click.