I love sweet potatoes. They are versatile and make a perfect side or a delicious meal on its own. If you love sweet potatoes and have an Instant Pot you will never go back to baking them in the oven again. They are seriously easy and so delicious! I usually add a generous pat of butter and have it as a quick and filling lunch. How do you like your sweet potato?
- Sweet potatoes (of similar size to ensure even cooking), scrubbed clean
- Butter, optional
- Add 1 cup water and the trivet (that came with the Instant Pot) to the bottom of the pot.
- Place the scrubbed sweet potatoes on the trivet.
- For small sweet potatoes, select "Steam" mode and keep at the default of 10 minutes. For medium sweet potatoes, press the “+” button until it reads 13 minutes. For large sweet potatoes, press the “+” button until it reads 16 minutes. Also make sure your top knob is set to "Seal" and not "Vent".
- The Instant Pot will beep at you when it finishes cooking the sweet potatoes and sets itself to “Keep Warm” mode.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally (about 15 minutes).
- Carefully remove the sweet potatoes from the Instant Pot and serve.
- I usually make enough for a quick meal during the week. I reheat in the microwave for a couple minutes.
Please note I use Amazon affiliate links throughout my posts. I hope the content I provide is worthy of a click.