It’s that time of year to make resolutions and set goals. My goal is for more patience and thoughtfulness this year not only to my family and friends but to myself as well. A perpetual goal I have is to be healthier. You may be thinking to yourself then “why in the world are you posting a gluttonous recipe with tons of fat” so early in the New Year? It’s called a ketogenic diet. It’s high fat, low/medium protein, and low carb. It sounds intriguing. You can have bacon, tons of it. It sounds like a way of eating I can stick to. Have you tried it and had success? What are your New Year goals and/or resolutions?
Regardless if you are on the ketogenic diet or not, this creamy chipotle chicken is absolutely delicious. It’s also known as “crack chicken” but I’m not a fan of the name. I included smoky chipotle peppers to add some heat so you can exclude them if you are not a fan of spicy food. My picky husband was a very happy man when he came home from a long day at work. It’s another win for the Instant Pot. And it’s another reason my husband didn’t even bat an eye when I picked up a second one during Amazon’s Black Friday sale.
Here wishing you a happy, prosperous, fun-filled, and joyful New Year.
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 to 2 pounds chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons powdered ranch seasoning (or one 1-ounce packet of seasoning)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2-3 chipotle peppers plus 1-2 teaspoons sauce
- 6-8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Cornstarch slurry: 1 tablespoon cornstarch plus 1 tablespoon cold water
- Add one cup of water and the chicken breast to the Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle the powdered ranch dressing over the chicken.
- Top the seasoned chicken with the block of cream cheese and chipotle peppers.
- Select "Manual" mode and press the "-" button until it reads 25 minutes. Also make sure your top knob is set to "Seal" and not "Vent".
- The Instant Pot will beep at you when it finishes cooking the chicken and sets itself to “Keep warm” mode.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove the chicken and place on a plate or bowl for shredding. I use two forks to shred the chicken. Set aside.
- Make the cornstarch slurry by whisking the cornstarch and cold water together until smooth.
- Pour the slurry into the Instant Pot and whisk until fully incorporated. The mixture will be a little lumpy because of the cream cheese. Don't worry ... it's supposed to look like that. (I like to use a flat whisk but any whisk will do).
- Use your whisk to break down the chipotle peppers into smaller pieces.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and continue whisking until fully incorporated.
- Add back the shredded chicken and finally stir together until the chicken is fully covered.
- Add in the cooked bacon and stir.
- Serve with crackers, in a tortilla, or even make a sandwich with toasted bread.
Please note I use Amazon affiliate links throughout my posts. I hope the content I provide is worthy of a click.