We have a bottom freezer refrigerator and I swear it is useless. I try to organize it so that you can see everything but inevitably food gets pushed to the bottom to be forgotten. That’s where I found half a package of frozen pasta purses I purchased from CostCo over the summer. I assume it was from the summer since it had a June 2016 “best by” date. Heck it could have been from the spring.
Fresh pasta takes very little time to cook and should not be cooked in the Instant Pot unless you enjoy mushy pasta. So I was curious how the frozen (previously fresh) pasta would turn out in the Instant Pot. I’m happy to report it was a huge success. It took much less time than boiling a large pot of water.
You can see from the first picture above that I placed the frozen block of pasta purses in the Instant Pot with a cup of water. The second photo shows the beautifully cooked pasta. While the pasta was cooking a whisked together the extra virgin olive oil, chopped basil, grated lemon zest, ground pepper, and salt. I didn’t have enough lemons to make two tablespoons of grated lemon zest so I added two drop of Young Living’s Lemon Vitality essential oil. I added the olive oil mixture directly to the pot and gently tossed the pasta. Buon Appetito!!
- 16 ounces (one pound) frozen pasta purses
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1-2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (I didn't have enough zest so I add 2 drops of Young Living's Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Grated Parmesan Cheese, optional
- Add one cup of water and the frozen pasta purses to the Instant Pot.
- Select "Manual" mode and press the "-" button until it reads 2 minutes.
- Select "Pressure" once to change the pressure to low pressure,
- Make sure your top knob is set to "Seal" and not "Vent".
- The Instant Pot will beep at you when it finishes cooking the pasta and sets itself to “Keep warm” mode. Select the "Keep Warm/Cancel" button to turn off the Instant Pot.
- Slowly release the pressure by tapping the top knob to "Vent" until all pressure is released.
- You'll notice that most of the water has evaporated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, basil, lemon zest, black pepper, and salt.
- Pour the olive oil mixture into the Instant Pot and gently toss the mixture in with the warm pasta purses.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Please click on the link to learn more about Young Living’s Vitality line of Essential Oils. If you ready to dive in click here to grab your kit (which includes a bottle of Lemon Vitality essential oil). Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions!
Please note I use Amazon affiliate links throughout my posts. I hope the content I provide is worthy of a click.